Easter is set to fall on April 16 this year, but many towns are planning their celebrations a bit earlier this years
In Long Branch, there are two chances for locals to hunt for easter eggs and meet the easter bunny.
• On Sunday, April 9, at 11 a.m. the 40th Annual West End Park Easter Egg Hunt will take at West End Park, located on the corner of Ocean Boulevard and Brighton Avenue. Children will be broken up into age groups to participate in egg hunts and will be awarded prizes for their efforts. This event is sponsored by Seashore Day Camp and School and Greater Long Branch Chamber of Commerce.
• On Saturday, April 15, at 1 p.m. Pier Village will host Easter At The Pier. Guests can meet the easter bunny, hunt for eggs, get their faces painted and enjoy other activities.
• In Eatontown, the borough will host its annual easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 8 at noon at 80 Acres Park. This event will be preceded by the grand opening of the borough's new recreation dog agility park at 9 a.m. The ribbon cutting will be immediately followed by a demonstration by experienced dog handlers and the chance for the public to try out the park for the first time. A canine parade will be held at 10:30 a.m. as well as a K-9 demo by the Monmouth County Sheriff's Department. A DJ and food vendors will also be on hand.
• At the Monmouth Mall, the easter bunny will be available through April for photos on Mondays-Saturdays from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. (with breaks from 1-1:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.-5:30 p.m.) and Sundays from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (with a break from 2-2:30 p.m.)
• Sea Bright's annual easter egg hunt will be held on the municipal beach on Sunday, April 9 at 12 p.m. The event is hosted by Sea Bright Recreation.
• On Saturday, April 8, Oceanport will host its annual easter egg scramble at Community Center Park at 11 a.m. Candy and prizes will be awarded and parents are asked to bring a camera so children can have their picture taken with the easter bunny during the Oceanport Parks and Recreation-sponsored event.