Welcome Visitor
Today is Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Fire At Long Branch Thrift Boutique Destroys Upstairs Apartment, Damages Store

LONG BRANCH: A July 7 fire destroyed an upstairs apartment and damaged a thrift boutique located at 307 Branchport Ave.

The fire has displaced the second floor tenants, the Conte family, and caused smoke and water damage to Family and Children's Service (FCS) Thrift Boutique.

The fire was reported around 7:30 p.m. and was extinguished around 8:15 p.m. following a quick response from the Long Branch Fire Department.

The Conte family was able to escape the blaze without any injuries and the thrift store was closed at the time of the fire.

(FCS) Thrift Boutique, which offers nearly-new clothing, shoes and accessories for men and women at deeply discounted prices, will be closed through the weekend according to FCS Communication Director Maureen Collins. Collins said FCS's insurance company and cleanup crews are currently on the site and that the nonprofit will assess the situation next week and decide when the store will reopen.

All the proceeds generated by the store benefit FCS, which is Monmouth County's oldest private nonprofit social service agency. Collins said those who usually drop off clothes at the store should wait until it is reopened, in what Collins hopes, will be soon.

"Right now our hearts go out to the Conte family and we are thankful that there were no injuries to their family," Collins said.


Read more from: Long Branch

Share: 
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: