LONG BRANCH:City residents and visitors will be paying to park along the oceanfront beginning June 9.
Pay stations have been installed and the paid parking spaces have been striped and numbered.
Parking will cost $1 per hour on Monday-Thursday and $2 per hour on Friday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Motorists can pay using cash, a credit card or a mobile app in the future. The meters will be similar to those in Asbury Park as people will park in a space and input the 4-digit number of their space when they go to pay at a parking meter.
All of the spaces in Pier Village will have a 2-hour parking time limit from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and a 4-hour time limit from 5 p.m. to midnight.
The places where people will pay to park are:
• Brighton Avenue Between Ocean Boulevard and Ocean Avenue (Both Sides)
• West End Avenue Between Ocean Boulevard and Ocean Avenue (Both Sides)
• South Bath Avenue Between Ocean Boulevard and Ocean Avenue (Both Sides)
• Ocean Avenue Between South Bath and North Bath Avenue (West Side Only)
• Pier Village
• Madison Avenue Between McKinley Street and Promenade (Both Sides)
• Great Lawn North and South Lots (All Metered Spaces)
• Seaview Avenue Between Old Ocean Avenue and the Promenade (North Side Only)
• Old Ocean Avenue Between Seaview Avenue and the Seven Presidents Park Entrance (East Side Only)
• Old Ocean Avenue Between Seven Presidents Park Entrance and Avenel Boulevard (East Side Only)
• Avenel Boulevard Between Old Ocean Avenue and Oceanfront (Both Sides)
• Old Ocean Avenue Between Atlantic Avenue and Avenel Boulevard (Both Sides)
The parking meters will be operational until Sept. 30 and not activated again until May 1, 2015.