LONG BRANCH: Progress on the city's new boardwalk is moving rapidly from the south end to Pier Village.
The boardwalk is now open to the public from Brighton Avenue to West End Avenue and stairs have been built at the West End beach entrance.
Long Branch Director of Public Works Fred Migliaccio provided the following update on the continued progress at the Nov. 10 Long Branch Council meeting:
• A new water line under Ocean Avenue has been installed up to Matilda Terrace.
• The decking is complete up to South Bath Avenue.
• Lighting poles have been installed up to Pavilion Avenue.
• The handicap access ramp at Cottage Place is "99 percent complete."
• The stairs at Bath Avenue have also been built.
• All the comfort stations are up in "various stages of completion.
Check out the gallery above for some photos of the boardwalk from Brighton Avenue to West End Avenue.
You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!
Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: