WEST LONG BRANCH: The following is a press release from Shore Regional:
The Shore Regional High School Family and Consumer Science Department recently held their 4th annual Cupcake Wars competition.
Six "Foods for Today" classes, taught by Sue Moran, held their individual competitions where five teams competed against each other to take the top prize for their class. The theme for this year's competition was "Movies".
Students were required to adhere to specific rules such as creating their own display and baking all cupcakes and frosting from scratch. Their entries were judged by cake taste and quality, frosting quality and presentation and teamwork.
Judging the competition were staff members Peter Bruccoleri, Samantha Myers, Linda Ensor, Jackie Burley, Ellen Minze, Alice Simonson, Maura O'Connor, Ashleigh Pecherski, Corey Lowell and Joe Amicucci.
Local area business Rook Coffee, sponsored the event by donating prizes for the first place winners. Thank you for their generous donations!
First place winners for their respective classes went to the following teams:
- Lauren Spellman, Kendall Rich, Justin Lavene and Austin Cannon with their entry of "Grease"
- Nicole Generelli, Samantha Lagrotteria, Julia Davis and Chloe Wollman for "Bridesmaids".
- Halah Davis, Morgan Spellman, Katie Stephens and Megan Tallard with their entry of "Beauty and the Beast".
- Ross Dougherty, Isaiah Montanez, Nabil Moustafa, James Ostering and Kevin Pennell with their interpretation of a "Day at the Movies".
- Jess Cittadino, Diana-Catherine Stevenson and Sarah Swoope with their entry of "The Bee Movie".
- Jade Falvo-Fernandes, Jacqueline Jaworski, Shahd Moustafa and Kaitlyn Sudowsky with their entry of "Lilo and Stitch".