Welcome Visitor
Today is Thursday, September 19, 2019

WLB FD Responds to “gas smell”

West Long Branch:  Firefighters at the WLB fire companies responded to a call from a resident in the area of Shore Regional High School of a dangerous situation in the area.  The call was for an odor they thought might be natural gas leak.

Firefighters from the Chemical and Truck Company on Monmouth Road were helping the Fireladies set up for Santa’s visit when the alarm came in.  A quick trip to the site determined the odor was from a non-threatening cause. Firefighters at the scene said the odor was similar to gas, but was actually a scent leaking upward from under the ground caused by the changes in air temperature.

“It was a good idea for the resident to call as a precaution. We were glad it was just that – a precaution", one of the returning firefighters  said.  “It’s better to be sure.”

Over the weekend the WLB fire department was called to assist with the fire in Little Silver along with several other towns. The fire destroyed a 120 year old carriage house and required a multi-team response. 

A WLB fireman from that scene said the Little Silver fire was caused by flames from candles near a window curtain that caught fire and spread.  The family had been preparing for a Christmas party later that afternoon. The fire was called in bout 1:30 p.m.  The Little Silver fire company had several minor injuries.


Read more from: West Long Branch

Share: 
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: